Friday, June 17, 2011

Last Thursday

Hannah and I got in kind of late on Wednesday, so we took Thursday morning to relax.  For me that meant waking up at 8am and taking a nap from 10 to 11:30.  For the Michigan locals it meant hitting Value Village, that oasis of economical style that somehow manages to reach deep inside and hit the psychological reset button.  (VV virtues extolled here.)

On Wednesday afternoon we received callers, as behooved our elite status in the community.  Along with the insufferable Mr. Darcy, we were visited by the delightful Emily Greene, one of Hannah's oldest friends.

Here's Emily with her crazy son Liam:

No, I'm just kidding, Liam is actually the best-behaved 12 year-old I've ever met.  He does, however, have an addiction to curling up in armchairs.

So does his younger sister Zara, although she tends to stay a little more vertical.

They were both great with Elliot.






Emily's youngest son Aramis was too little to hold Elliot, so he pouted.

And Emily proved that once you got it, you never lose the touch....

No comments:

Post a Comment