Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Okay, I haven't written much lately.  As of a few days ago, I could have tossed up a glowing, self-congratulatory post about how Elliot is sleeping through the night.  But then two nights ago Hannah had to get up at the not entirely benign hour of 3am.


(Meanwhile, I lay in bed and listened for crying.  An hour later Hannah still wasn't back, and I figured that she had fallen asleep in the rocking chair.  I tried to motivate myself to wake her up.  Get out of bed! I told myself.  Suddenly I felt the bed shift and I woke up.  I had been dreaming!  I had been dreaming about being in the exact place and situation I actually was.  Which is why all of this is in parentheses.)

Then last night we went for a delicious and not-at-all-calm dinner at Annie and Larry's.  Everyone loved Elliot, as usual, and he got all worked up and a little crabby.  We didn't get home until nearly 10:30. Then he woke up again at 4:30, and it took a while to get him back to sleep (again mostly Hannah's work, not mine).

So the sleep training is not going all that smoothly.  But there is more space in bed, it feels like we have a California King. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment