This blog went dark for a few days in honor of my grandma Marie. She was an amazing woman, who lived a beautiful, rich life, and a few days ago she passed away.
One of my favorite stories about Marie is from just a few years ago. (Often when you hear "my favorite story" about an older person, it's a nostalgic remembrance from half a century earlier. But Marie kept producing great stories right up to the end.)
One day Marie went to church, and someone from the congregation did a presentation about his trip to the Marquessa Islands in the South Seas. She loved it so much that she went up afterwards and collected as much info as she could from the man. Then she booked a ticket and boarded a French freighter by herself.
She was four months short of 89 years old.
Marie is the kind of lady I would like to be when I'm 89. If I'm a lady when I'm 89.
No comments:
Post a Comment