Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter 2012 Part II


We met Lauren and Bob and Audrey at the Astoria Bohemian Beer Garden.  Shocked, are you?  Well, let me assure you it's quite the family-friendly establishment.  At least on Sundays at 2pm it is.  






Elliot loved the Easter Bunny --- or was horrified by him.  All I know is that he stood staring at that giant fuzzy-suited dude for a long damn time, without smiling. 
So I picked him up in my arms, and gingerly approached that big bunny on two legs.  It was scary and weird.  He didn’t want to do it. He wanted to leave and go home.  But I insisted.  


We got closer.  That weird fixed bunny-smile, with those giant black bunny-eyes.  It’s creepy, I get it.  Elliot was still not smiling.  The bunny waved vigorously at him.  No response. . . Who was this goddamn thing?  
And then, genius: the bunny laid forth a horizontal palm.  This, Elliot knew what to do with that.  He broke into a huge smile and slapped that bunny five.  And the heavens broke open and Jesus wept and all the frustrated dreams of this sad world were redeemed.

Then we went back to play with Audrey some more. 




Later on the band started up.  They were three hipsters who played Beatles covers with an accordion, piano, and drums.

At least two people present loved them.


No comments:

Post a Comment