He's been doing dizzy spins for a while. There's a video of that, I think I just posted it. But the video doesn't show him doing ten spins at once and falling down laughing.
The stutter step, that's a good one. If you tell him to go get something, and it's only three normal steps away, he'll stutter step to make the journey more momentous.
He's doing a lot of laughing. He finds
certain books hil-AR-ious. The
second page of Goodnight Moon, for example: "Three little bears
sitting on chairs". It's so funny he has to run away for five
seconds, and then come back and slam both hands against the page.
Last week he couldn't sleep. He woke up crying at about 3am.
So I went in and filled his empty bottle with water. I should have changed his
diaper too, but I was exhausted so I didn't. Inevitably, at 5am he
woke up again, this time soaking in urine.
I went back in the room (Hannah was sick with a
fever --- yeah it was a fun night) and it was already getting light. That's something Elliot has taught me: in June it's light at 5am. I picked him up and his diaper was soaked.
When I laid him on the changing table he thought we were up for the day, and he was happy about that. He lay there contently and let me change him, thinking we were about to go play together.
I will never forget the look of betrayal and anger on his face when I started to lower him back into the crib. There was a long silent pause as he inhaled --- followed by a tooth-rattling, ear-jattling scream that I heard all the way back to bed.
When I laid him on the changing table he thought we were up for the day, and he was happy about that. He lay there contently and let me change him, thinking we were about to go play together.
I will never forget the look of betrayal and anger on his face when I started to lower him back into the crib. There was a long silent pause as he inhaled --- followed by a tooth-rattling, ear-jattling scream that I heard all the way back to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment