Friday, October 12, 2012

Trip to Maine --- Bo, Kate, Dana, and Tessa


Bo is one of my college friends who moved up to Maine a few years ago.  His wife Kate has eight brothers and sisters, and they share a house on an island near Freeport.  We went out there for lunch while we were in Maine.








Dane is five (I think?) and the most confident little man I have met in many months.  We went swinging, me and Dane and Elliot, and Dane could tell Elliot was nervous. 

"Doesn't he know how to swing?" he said. 

I explained that he was just learning.  "Do you remember when you were learning how to swing?"

"I did it really fast.  It took me, like 5 minutes.  Or actually it was like 2 minutes."

There was a pause.  "Actually, I learned it when I was born."

Another pause, and then (I am not making this up): "Actually, I learned it when I was in the womb."













No comments:

Post a Comment