Friday, November 9, 2012

Storms

It's been a crazy few weeks.  Hurricane Sandy had barely moved through before we got word of another storm shaping up.  The NYC marathon was canceled.

On Tuesday Obama won reelection (Yay!) (Elliot can now recognize photos of Obama, and he shouts "Obama" (which is a perfect word for an infant to pronounce) whenever he sees him).

Then yesterday this second storm hit us, a Nor'easter they called it.  I was trying to finish my compost bin and the wind was getting really strong, and then it started raining.  Hannah and I pulled the compost bin down into the basement, and an hour later when I came upstairs it was snowing.

Not the nice calm Christmasy snow, big flakes drifting onto your parka and such.  This was blustery swirls of ice pellets stabbing you in the cheekbone.  Not fun.  It took me half an hour to drive 10 blocks to pick up Elliot.  And I was wet from the 15-second run from the house to the car.

This is our backyard a day later, and it's been pretty warm so some of the snow melted:




That's our compost pile, which will soon be binned...

No comments:

Post a Comment