Friday, June 22, 2012

Goodbye to Ding Dong



Elliot has grown quite attached to this pretty kitty.  I know I haven't posted many photos of Ding Dong or written about her, but she's been living with us for the past three weeks while Irina was on vacation  (in Croatia!).  And during that time Elliot has gotten quite accustomed to having her around.

We may have issues with his biting other kids (yes we do) and his hitting us when he gets mad (yes we do), but we have absolutely no problems with his treatment of animals.  He reaches out a gentle hand to Ding Dong, pets her, and squats down to press his lips against her back.

He also loves her litter box.  It's this rotating device that auto-separates soiled litter from clean, and deposits the poopy-uriney chunks in a separate compartment --- all without any human contact!  It's triggered by her weight on the steps up to the litter box!  Amazing!

Anyway, we're all very sad to see Ding Dong go.  She will be back one day, I'm sure.  And until then we will think fondly of her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soo sorry that ding dong will be leaving, but even more distressed to see that she's turned into a tiger cat being hugged by an elliot imposter. :)

    if we're going to immortalize her, we demand a photo of the real ding dong

    ReplyDelete