Well, it's a beautiful summer night, and here I am on our front stoop. I haven't written much lately about Elliot, I've just posted photos, which let's be honest that's what you really want to see.
But so much can't be captured by camera...
He's got two teeth now, right next to each other there on the bottom row. Left side. Every once in a while he gets real crabby and we think maybe a third is coming in, but nothing yet. As promised, I have tried to get a photo of his teeth, but dang if tiny baby teeth ain't a tough thing to catch a snapshot of.
He's pretty much in the most adorable phase ever. It's a little terrifying, because so far the trajectory of his cuteness has been like X=Y2 (right? who's with me? come on people), so if we continue at this rate my head will explode within the year.
He's doing a lot of examining of things lately. A few weeks back we put him in the crib in his room to play with his stuffed animals. Fifteen minutes later we were shocked at how quiet he was being, so we poked our heads in and found him gently prodding the tag on the butt of a soft stuffed duck.
Eating's going great. He enjoys chomping down on the peaches we got at the farmer's market last weekend. Last night he ate about 3/4 of an entire peach. I think it makes him feel like the pain of the teeth coming in was worth it.
Also he likes rice puffs. He's trying to learn how to pick them up, which seems obvious (bring the thumb and forefinger together, duh), but I now realize this is something we weren't born knowing, we all had to learn it.
Elliot hasn't learned it yet. How do I know? Because his preferred technique for getting the rice puff to his mouth is to attempt to "chopstick" it.
Chopsticking is using two index fingers to pick something up. First he takes one little meal-worm finger and pokes the puff with it. Then he brings the other finger in and pokes the puff from the other side. The puff is surrounded! Now all he has to do is lift both hands toward his face at the same time, which he does. . . . . and then looks perplexed when the puff somehow doesn't end up in his mouth.
Okay, that's it for now. More if I get inspired...
No comments:
Post a Comment