Sunday, July 10, 2011

Visit from Grandpa

My dad came to visit for a few days last week.  We kept it very local:  walked around the neighborhood, went to the farmer's market, made dinner.

Here's our lunch at Franklin Park:







I took Guy to the botanical garden, thinking he would be impressed with all the lush greenery.  But I forgot he lives outside Seattle, so nature-wise it takes a lot more than that to impress him.

Instead, it was people hanging out on their stoops that wowed him.  "Look!" he said.  "It's so New York!  It's so cinematic!"  Yes, my neighborhood is cinematic.  I'm quite proud.




I was the Elliot of my dad.  And given the effect that Elliot has had on me, I thought maybe my dad's visit would trigger a few stories about me when I was an infant.  But as the old Chinese proverb goes, "the worst-written blog is lasts longer than the most powerful memory." Or as Guy put it, "it all kind of blends together."


Thanks for making the trip, Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment