Which meant an extra day on the boat.
I told you Elliot's legs were growing quickly. You though that last photo was faked, didn't you?
We drove the boat to the beach for a picnic. Marie warned us this would be difficult, but we didn't listen...ah, the folly of youth. She was right. We had to park the boat at the beach next door and hike (I am not making this up) for a hundred yards barefoot through knee-deep water with Elliot in his backpack carrying all of the supplies for the picnic.
I didn't take any photos of that part.
Marie, having heeded her own wise counsel, drove to the beach, set up her chair, poured herself a drink, and sat back and watched the idiots work.
Here's the fun part that followed:
Thanks to grammy Carole for the sweet gator outfit!
Shout out to Aaron, Daria, Carole, Andi (pretty much everyone but us, actually) who made the homemade bread-and-butter pickles you see in the foreground....
No comments:
Post a Comment