Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bike Ride

Well, we finally got around to getting a bike seat for Elliot.  Actually, Hannah got it for me as a present, and these photos were taken a few weeks back.   We took a long walk through the park and bought this helmet on the day we took these photos.

As you can see, I was super-pumped.




The remaining photographic evidences suggests that Elliot was less pumped.  But really he just had the sun in his eyes.


We did a quick loop around the block, just to get him used to it.   Leave him wanting more, I say.  The last thing I want to do is turn bike riding into a chore.


I really like this bike seat.  It's called an iBert, and while it's very nontraditional, it's become quite the rage here in Brooklyn.  I can feel my arms enfolding him when we ride, and somehow it feels like he's safer than he would be stuck behind me.

(FYI, there is sadly a lack of good evidence regarding which types of bike seats/trailers are safest.  As you can imagine, no one is doing randomized controlled trials of these things  (although now that I think of it, why not?  I would consider enrolling in such a study.))

No comments:

Post a Comment