A date! Just me and my baby, and my other baby, and my baby mama's mama. Yes, it was a lovely little foursome at the Ethiopian restaurant on 4th Ave this evening. I thought we would be the only ones with a baby, but I forgot it's Park Slope. And I thought that our kid would bother the other guests, but instead the other kids bothered us.
In other words, a success!
By the way, today is Elliot's two-week birthday! Which was what this dinner was a semi-celebration of. And just like the one-week birthday, there were no cameras present, so I can't show you any photos of tasty injera and doro watt.
The team made the tactical decision to keep Elliot in his sling* during dinner. Which was, in general, the right decision. But let me tell you, it ain't easy to deliver drippy scoops of Ethiopian food to your mouth while wearing a baby. You're worried about spilling some food on your shirt? Try the stress of scalding your newborn with beef tibbs.
I'll finish this post with a photo quiz:
For a free white onesie: exactly what type of child abuse did we engage in?
* You will be shocked to learn how much one can legally charge for a long thin strip of fabric.
No comments:
Post a Comment