Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sh*t Elliot Says, Pt II

I'm guessing that these types of posts are starting to recur a little too often for your taste.  It's adorable to hear him say these things --- reading my descriptions, not so much.

But I can't resist sharing a few of the latest:

Whoa:  I say this pretty frequently, and he has grabbed onto it with both hands.  If a garbage truck rumbles past, it's Whoa.  If a schoolbus honks its horn, Whoa.  The kettle starts to whistle, Whoa.   Any kind of surprising and unknown noise.

Oh man:  This is the phrase of choice when a fork clatters off the table during dinner.  Or a blueberry rolls out of his hand during a picnic in the park.  It's the expletive for dropping stuff.

Neat:  I first heard Elliot say this and wondering where he was getting it from.  Then I started listening to myself and realized he was getting it from me.  That was kind of a tough moment.  But hey, yes, when something is neat, I call it neat.  I have yet to use "neat-o" however.  Okay, maybe once.

As I look back across this list, it occurs to me that we are raising a combination of George McFly and Joey Buttafuoco.


No comments:

Post a Comment