Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sh*t Elliot Says

A couple of his favorites I'd like to record for posterity:

"This One" --- An all-purpose phrase, I now realize.  You can point to a salt shaker, a sun roof, Daddy, or the backyard, and say "this one" and have yourself understood.  I've been trying to get him to say the word for whatever he wants --- but he's no dummy.  Why learn all these different words when one simple phrase gets you what you're looking for?

"One More Time" --- This one is applied frequently in the course of physical games:  rough-housing, bouncing on Mommy's leg, playing superman, dangling upside-down.  It's always one more time, there will never be enough.

Interesting discovery: the other day Elliot came up to me, climbed on my leg, and said "one more time."  Which made me realize that the "more" aspect of the phrase is not totally clear here.   To him, it just means, "let's do that fun thing."




No comments:

Post a Comment