Elliot has a fever.
It started Thursday morning. He had been real crabby and not eating, and Hannah (who has better thermoception than me) thought he was hot, so we took his temp at it was 99.9. I told the daycare this, and four hours later we got a call that he was 100.8 and we had to come pick him up. This also meant that he had to stay out of daycare for 24 hours (I sheepishly admit that I suspected they were making it up, so they could have a day with fewer infants....)
Later thursday night it was 101, and this morning it was up to 101.9. Throughout it all he has been fine, eating normally, still peeing and pooping. He's uncomfortable from the fever, but no evidence of dehydration.
And in the burying the lede department: he has a tooth! We think this is the reason for the fever. It's a left lower tooth, just a tiny sliver of white. I'll see if I can get a photo, but given his fussiness that may be a three-man job.
No comments:
Post a Comment