He can help out when he's getting out of his patagonia now. (his patagonia is what he wears outside). He's gone in and out so many times, he knows how to help. I just grab the cuff near his wrist, and he immediately draws his arm back toward, pulling it out of the sleeve. It's the first sign he understands clothing and how it works.
Also, he's finally started learning to sit, so recently when i was putting his patagonia on to go outside, he happened to be sitting up, and instead of making him lie down flat and physically shoving his arms into the sleeves, I just let him sit there. I maneuvered the coat around him, exactly the way you would do with a three-year old, and for a moment I was struck by the fact that he's getting older, for a moment I saw the little boy he is soon to become.
And honestly, it made me sad. I've always said I can't wait until he gets to an age where I can play with him and read to him, but something gets lost too. I'm already nostalgic for the vulnerable baby, completely dependent on Hannah and me, who is about to disappear.
And honestly, it made me sad. I've always said I can't wait until he gets to an age where I can play with him and read to him, but something gets lost too. I'm already nostalgic for the vulnerable baby, completely dependent on Hannah and me, who is about to disappear.
No comments:
Post a Comment